Is the winner the person who raises the most amount of money?
No, the winner will be the individual who has the highest number of unique donors supporting their fundraising page. If one person makes multiple gifts to your page, they will still count as one person in your final total.
What is this fundraiser for?
We need your help fundraising for the 100% TBDBITL campaign, which aims to provide a scholarship to every member of the Marching Band. Playing with TBDBITL is a huge time commitment, which means our student musicians often can’t pursue part-time jobs or paid internships in addition to their schoolwork. Many rely on student loans. Some discover they can’t afford to join the band.
What do I need to do to get started?
Build a personal fundraising page here and recruit your network of friends, family and fans to support the 100% TBDBITL Endowed Scholarship Fund. Get creative. Go viral. Start drumming up support for our deserving students.
If I am an Ohio State employee, am I eligible to participate?
Unfortunately, neither you nor your immediate family members are eligible to win the prize (read more in the contest Terms and Conditions). However, we still want you to support TBDBITL! You can build your own page to raise funds for Marching Band student scholarships, or you can support someone else’s page by making a gift.
I am an Ohio State student. Am I eligible to participate?
Ohio State students are eligible to participate and win the prize, unless you are a student employee of the university (see above).
What does the prize include?
- Three (3) night ACCOMMODATIONS at the Westin New York Times Square
- VIP PARADE VIEWING EVENT & BRUNCH from an exclusive vantage point at Jimmy's American Grill.
- Full BREAKFAST at the hotel Wednesday and Friday morning
- Tuesday WELCOME RECEPTION with drinks and light appetizers
- Unlimited use, 7-day METROCARD for New York public transportation, including the subway
- $100 RESTAURANT VOUCHER to be used at your convenience
- Special Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade SOUVENIR
- Event LANYARD, CREDENTIAL and TICKET HOLDER
- On-site SET TRAVEL HOSTS and HOTEL HOSPITALITY DESK
- TAXES and GRATUITIES on all included items, including hotel porterage
Is there a cost associated with winning the prize?
The prize includes airfare and accommodations November 20-23, 2018. However, should you win, you will be responsible for the taxes on the total prize.
What should I use as my page title?
Something fun to draw attention to your page!
Why is it asking me to enter a dollar fundraising goal ("Raise Target") if the goal is donors and number of gifts?
While the goal of the campaign is to raise the most amount of donors, setting a fundraising goal will help encourage your supporters to help you make a greater impact on the scholarships for marching band students. The default is $500, but you can adjust this to an amount that works for you!
Who do I contact if I have questions?
You can contact supportOSU@osu.edu if you have questions and someone will follow-up.